Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2019

Widgets

Christine Anu and Sawtello Gospel Choir

I can only presume the great tiredness I feel today is due to the adrenaline felt singing at the Jetty Theatre as Christine Anu's supporting act. We were well received by both audiences. 2pm and 8pm but as we went in at 12pm. to do sound checks, and a warm up then a wait of an hour in the green room, the excitement and nervousness with the group was very real. Really it was no different singing to the Coramba Fire Brigade audience but the fact we were supporting a very well know international artist was different.


 The 16 ladies that actually backed up her two songs I am Woman and My Island home must have had nerves of steel. We didn't stay for the actual concert and they were on last, so didn't get to hear them but they were well pleased after the afternoon show.

This is our stage,  and photo from her facebook page.

We then had a 4 1/2 hrs. at home, but I didn't do much except water the garden as it has been so windy this week the soil is drying out rapidly.

Back in we went by 7.30 to the green room, before we lined up on stage, and did it all again. 40 of us in all. I don't know what the audience thought when the curtains opened as no advertising had been done at all so we were a bit of a surprise.
 
Waiting outside to go to the green room.
  We sing in other languages so songs are from New Zealand, Tonga, Samoa as well as English ones.  All in 4 part harmony. John is with the men in the base section and I am in with Altos.

Taken at the Methodist Church  3 weeks ago, after we moved from the too small CWA Rooms. We are rapidly growing.

Prior to all this, Einstein was put into the Vet Hospital for two days also this week as he had a Paralysis tick that had been on him 3 days but the effect only came through by Wednesday night although I had noticed he was not well and checked him for ticks but found nothing, it was in his middle groin. The worry of all that I suppose added to this tiredness as well.


The wind has been horrible, and combined with all the smoke from the fires I can't say this has been a great week, other than the buzz of the concert.
 The potato pots and garden have been blown around so much they look half dead.

Last week they were lush and looking great
I would have thought these were protected

I did pull up more garlic from the back, only small as the soil is not as good as the front.


Also this week tried out my new Kmart Family pie maker. This saves having to put the oven on when I just want a quick quiche or pie for the two of us, takes no time at all to cook either and very pleased with it.

Shortcrust bottom and Puff on Top

Bacon, mushrooms, onion, cheese pie. Very filling also

I hope your week went well and the wind wasn't a nuisance as it has been here.

Till Next Time.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.