Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2019

Widgets

Ginger, Garlic, Sweet Potato and a Garage Sale

My sister had her huge garage sale today. Most of the stuff was scrapbooking items, and fabric.
It has also turned rather hot, and after 2 hours or so I decided to tidy the kitchen in the cool. My neice was also down from Brisbane to help and is going to take some preserving stuff from my stash, and plants, home as well.



Not a huge amount of people but they were slowly coming and going, and we left early so we could get some lunch.

This week though I have been concentrating on the garden every day. Sweet potatoes are now all dug up and some little ones replanted.

This lot was from a Large Pot.

Digging them out, have replanted some little ones back.

From the front garden I ended up with a bucket full.


Dug up all the garlic in the front and very pleased with them. The largest ones I have ever grown so will now stick with Russian Garlic in the future. Still the back ones to dig and I don't think they will be as big, just goes to show what cow manure and mushroom compost mix can do.


Hung them in my pantry, as I thought they needed a bit more drying out, eventually will put in the fridge so they don't shrivel up all together.


Ginger had died back and was starting to regrow again, so sorted that out as well. Planted more of course and giving some away. There is still two more pots to go. If you leave ginger, for another year it will grow bigger again.

One pots worth.

Exciting news though is I sold my first lot of cards, which at least made me work out the Madeit system. Have been working on the dolls to try and get a good pattern, my area is full of arms, legs, heads and bodies, like some factory, but I am getting there. 

The smoke has also been dreadful this week and I hope none of you are battling the fires. Stay safe.

Till Next Time.



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on selling your first lot of cards! That's super exciting! Did the garage sale do as expected? What's the nest step with the leftovers? St. Vinnies?

    The smoke truly sounds awful. Anything we can do for the local Firefighter community? Any donation links you can direct us to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Careena, will send you a separate email.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.