Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2019

Widgets

Sawtello Gospel Choir - Coramba Hall Concert

Today I participated in raising money for the Coramba Rural Fire Brigade by singing with the Sawtello Choir. John also joined in as he is part of the men's bass group, I am in the Altos. I have belonged to the group for a year now.


This was of course after minding the 6 year old twins and our 11 yr old granddaughter Saturday, and this morning (Sunday), while mum and dad went to a wedding. The eldest two girls stayed home and looked after themselves, both studying. Miss G being in year 12 and full on with exams at the moment and Miss C in year 10.


This country hall is 105 years old and very well built, the acoustics were fantastic.


We had to bring a plate to this fundraiser so luckily Miss P loves to cook and whipped up the chocolate chip slice, that my bestie gave me years ago.

Just part of what was supplied

31 members turned up to sing but the audience was triple that I am sure,we all took up the whole hall. Our leader Andrew had made stands for us to sing on and these were placed in front of the stage as some choristers, would have been hidden. He preferred to be closer to the audience anyway.


The Tallowood Bush Band also played as Barry, part of that group is also in our choir, how lucky is that. They went on first and I thoroughly enjoyed it, Irish jigs and old Australian Bush Ballads. Such a talented group each played at least 2 instruments some 3.

Barry is in the yellow shirt.

We sang for 20 mins after the band, then it was time for a cuppa and a chat, then we sang again for about an hour which is what we will be doing with Christine Anu's concert in November as her supporting act.

I am in the back row 2nd from RH side. John is taking photo.

In the end we made over $1,000.00 to help the Coramba Rural Fire Brigade. There is 51 fires currently burning in NSW alone and the Bee's Nest is still burning, of which 120,000 hectares burnt so far. Just about every day, unless windy, the smoke is around us all the time.



We are waiting here for Andrew to bring his trailer so the stands can be loaded by the men, but my feet were killing me for standing so long.

It was a good afternoon, with a meal and some laughs at the local pub later,with a few of the group, to save me cooking when I got home. I shall sleep well tonight.

Till Next Time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.