Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2018

Widgets

Pasta Grannies

One of my favorite YouTube channels is Pasta Grannies, where  various Grannies from all over Europe show how they make pasta of all sorts of shapes and sizes.

It is very addictive with many, many shows. Here is the link.
Pasta Grannies

Our youngest daughter and husband have arrived for Christmas from USA this year and as another Pasta Granny convert, they decided to make a ricotta and spinach ravioli.

Rolling the pasta, several times to make thinner and thinner.

Once the dough is made using a 4 000 flour and rested then it is a case of rolling it out several times after lowering  the width of the  rollers each time, and the pasta gets longer and longer. I have had all the gear but it has been a long time since I made pasta, never ravioli though always fettuccine or similar.

Tried this first  inherited from my Italian Mother in Law.

The first tray they tried was useless as it stuck every where so then they went bigger, with a roller. The plastic roller cutter wasn't that sharp but it worked out ok. A metal one would have been better.

Cutting the shapes.

They sealed very easily with a bit of water around the edges and then a Carbonara Sauce was made up. The ravioli was cooked in boiling water and added to the sauce.

Yum!!!



With a bit of parsley added on top one of the nicest meals I have had in a long time. This has given me inspiration to try it again.


Another Grannie, my Mum at her Xmas Party. 2018


It has been a very busy week with one thing and another, getting presents wrapped, shopping for groceries amongst the enormous crowds, Mums Xmas Party at the Nursing Home,  and I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone A Very Merry Christmas, and thank you all for following my blog, and especially thanks to those who  comment, it is very much appreciated.

Till Next Time.







1 comment:

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.