Pages

Monday, June 13, 2016

Widgets

Collecting Firewood


 I do like my little  Nectre Bakers Oven to sit by. I look forward to it every winter, a kettle and a pot of soup simmering away on top, and usually I sit by it  doing my embroidery before bed. Each year we collect wood. The prunings off the fruit trees act as kindling which is a help, I save it so it dries for a year.

There is a little town an hour from us called Glenreagh. Not much there a Pub, Post Office,General Store and a Hall of Arts, a church and a great big Sawmill.


Hub of the Township The General Store


The Old Post Office Now a Museum

Little Old House I Just Loved It.

 The Local pub is called the Golden Dog Bar and Grill and this is outside its entrance.


The Golden Dog


All the off cuts of wood at the sawmill are put into a huge pile and sold as firewood. One year we got floor boards, which packed nice and flat. This year we bought home split hardwood and cut to size as well.

Image result for Glenreagh Sawmill
Ready for Milling
 The area is amazing at the moment as it gets much colder, out that way. The Autumnal leaves of the few maples growing, were all in colour, a wonderful sight when all I see is green.

Red Maples

 Synchronicity Farm Entrance
The only trouble this year is that winter at the moment, is down to a night here and there, if you live in a cold area you would probably love the mild winter this year but I crave for the cold, warm sunny days every day is too much.

Stand of Red Maples
Loved the Yellow
While John was taking a photo of a  de-restriction sign, as we send unusual road signs to our daughter in America, I spoke to a couple of locals, who were very pleased for the company.

A Couple of Locals


De-Restriction Sign.
We have unpacked the ute full of wood and put it in three places. John would like to go out again as they had cut up floorboards again which pack nicely, we just have to find a place for them, not easy here.

One of 3 areas for the wood next to a tank


Prunings on the driveway ready for cutting for next year.
Bring on winter, we are ready.

Till next time.

2 comments:

  1. The golden leaves are just irresistable aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes just lovely, I have to find autumn here, which is marked by the occasional tree.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.