Pages

Sunday, October 1, 2023

Widgets

Bowral Tulip Festival

 We have been on holiday and spent two days to see the Tulips in the CWA Park at Bowral in the Southern Highlands, known as Corbett  Gardens. The weather was quite cool compared to our local heat which was nice for me. I love this area full of old world style homes and lots of cherry trees, big fir hedges, plants that I  love to grow here are so much better in the cooler climate. 

  What was different to the last time we were here is the tents around the outside edge selling things. I don't know if this is good or bad but I did buy some local honey and also 2 geraniums from 2 different stallholders. There were soaps, 2nd hand clothes, candles, and food stalls that I remember, as I didn't take much notice of them. 

School Bands played in the bandstand with all the mums and dads gathered around them.

The children from several local schools played music, starting with the younger ones and working up to 6th grade and very good players in the bands. I must say their music programmes of teaching are proving great results from what we heard.

Parsley between tulips in this bed I found fascinating.



Loved this corner was so bright.


Quite a few fancy tulips as well.

We rushed back to stay at our local resort, for a week which was going begging via our youngest daughter. I spent the week doing some scrapbooking plus art and just relaxing as had a busy month pruning hedges, pressure cleaning and decluttering, another 4 boxes have gone. John worked on his car at home and Community Garden during the day.

My view of the river, thru the wire screened verandah.

I noticed a lot of changes in my own garden when I got back last Friday. The sweet peas are going to seed, should anyone want some, I will post. email chrisahig@yahoo.com.au and let me know. 

These roses are just starting to die off so I missed the full glory of them.

Pierre De Ronsard doing well.

The Blueberry garden, over run with Alyssum, Snap Dragon, Paper Daisies, yellow Coreopsis, Coriander


The Paper Daisies are out, all over ranging from Burgandy, pink yellow orange, as are the Hippeastrums, Lots of vegetables gone to seed, so plenty of work to clean it all up and start again. I was hoping the beans would come up while I was away but have to try that again and also carrot seeds. I will sometime this week pick all the carrots and freeze them. One cucumber has taken off and I need to put in a zucchini plus more lettuce. 

Yesterday I picked 9 cabbages, all full of slugs and ended up preserving 7 bottles of Chow Mein, using 5 of them so today will do some more. 

The backyard we are waiting on a quote, but it has been over 2 weeks now, so will have to chase this up. He did sound keen at the time. 


So as you are all caught up, 

 

Till Next Time.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.