Pages

Sunday, May 7, 2023

Widgets

The Caravan Club & Kings Coronation Time

 I am a bit tired today as I watched the Kings Coronation on the TV yesterday,which went very late for me. Whether you are for or against Kings and Queens, Australia is bound to Britain and therefore we now have a King. I must admit singing  God save the King sounds very odd after 70 years of rule by Queen Elizabeth. I was a baby with her Coronation, so strictly speaking been alive for 2 coronations.

I enjoyed the pomp, pageantry and ceremony of it all, and all though not as complicated as Queen Elizabeth's, it is a ceremony that is 1000 years old, William the Conqueror being the first in 1066. So it was a rare event for our time, and a lot of hard work had been put in for it, especially all the Armed forces, Marching Bands, special services and religious leaders required for the day. They must have been excited for weeks, along with the many practices, to get it perfect.

While all this Coronation was happening I was sewing my Blackwork Project. It is coming along slowly.

 


Yesterday John and I went to the Coffs Coast Caravan Club AGM and general meeting.

 John joined us, 2 weeks ago, and there were 44 members there. The secretary who visits next door and is Johns computer client asked me to nominate for keeping the records of all the members. I was not sure about it but in the end decided to help out. Basically I just add members or take them off a long list of 108 names, and make sure everyone signs in on a printed list at meetings. Easy enough. I noticed there was a receipt book in the bag so obviously I do that as well. Not sure about the money that goes with joining. Members were very friendly going out of their way to welcome us.

We have booked 5 nights at Iluka which is the next what they call Rally. 22 Vans are going, there is organized things but also free time. Will be interesting to see. It is at the end of May. John's parents lived in Iluka all the retirement years so will be odd going back and not seeing them.

Taken in May 2020 hardly had any this year.

Mostly this week I haven't actually done much worth noting, sorting out my art stuff, the scrapbooking area,which is a mess,  and getting ready for the quilting retreat. Nothing to write about so if I miss next week you will know I still had nothing to write about. 


Till Next Time. 







2 comments:

  1. That's awesome news about the Caravan club. You'll have a ball! Can't wait to hear about the Iluka trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are the chances of your first Rally being in Iluka. Be sure to visit the ancestors museum! Will be interesting to hear what kind of activities you get up to and the people you meet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.