Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2023

Widgets

It's a Miss P. Day! No More Beans.

 It has been ages since my grandaughter has been over to help, which is why I am late with the blog, but today was a nice day with no rain on the horizon, and we have had to change to a Sunday visit because of art on Saturdays. So guess what!!!!, we got rid of the Beans Yeah!!!

Mind you, I picked another 2 kgs of them early this morning, and sent them to the Community Market only for them to come back, so Miss P took them home to blanch and freeze this time, as they haven't used up the other 2 kgs from Anzac Day yet.

Before
So the first to go was the triffid,  and  they take a bit of time to uncurl these vines. Of course even after picking every one I thought for the market, there was still a small basket left between all three vines.

After, ready to weed and dig over.

Trellis no 2 was against the glass house and I also pulled out a prolific egg plant, which was also brought back home, from what I picked.

 
Before and these ones had flowers on as started again.

After and also ready for digging

 The next trellis I forgot to take a photo of before, but cleaned this up as well. These ones were old or going to seed, and a variety I have decided not to grow again.


 The last little bed of non climbing beans, had a few left on, but I decided to get rid of them as well.

Before

After

This bed also had carrots on half the bed and as yet just taking off, but I will plant more seeds on the other "bean" half.

Miss P also moved 4 buckets of soil from one of the pulled down beds, out the back.  What did I do, plant  2 small rows of snow peas of course.

Then after lunch we did some blanching and freezing of the small new basket, which was lucky as the 2kgs, then turned up, so she has had a refresher course. While I finished off that Miss P then sorted out my double high cupboard of bulk laundry, kitchen, bathroom, cleaning, Insect sprays, packets, tube stuff, which I refer to as the "shop".

Twas a good day. 

  The official last of the beans taken back home by Miss P


Till Next Time. 

 












2 comments:

  1. So my hubby (who hates beans) bought me a trellis with the idea that I would grow some veggies up it. All I can think of is green beans, what's your favourite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stringless, more round, Blue Lake is what I like. Sweet peas for flowers and snow peas in Autumn.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.