Pages

Sunday, March 5, 2023

Widgets

Yet more Beans & Art Classes.

It has been a strange week, John has had a cataract  removed, formed due to the operation he had last year, so no need for the other eye to be done which usually happens. He has had to be very careful this past week, with drops, and dark glasses and a plastic dome patch for night. He has used all this free time applying for another grant which has taken up most of this week. 
 
 The Commuity Garden though, have had a major bi-annual plant sale, for this weekend, and have had to work it out on their own for once. The garden though is looking lovely.
 
  My garden, on the other hand, is  ploughing on, despite all the nut grass, trying to work it every day for an hour.
 

Unbelievably I have had to pick another basket of  beans, both butter and blue lake, even after Miss P picked every one she could  8 days ago.
 More Kale for my smoothies which saves me $6 every time I do it, and which I freeze,plus another zucchini I missed. It is still fairly hot outside after 9 so I am not going out for  too long the humidity is exhausting.
 

I did process them and they weighed 800grms, ready for blanching.


I also froze them individually on a tray, then vacuum packed them in the freezer bags. The tomatoes from the garden are in my new vacuum fridge bags.

I noticed today that I should pick some more beans, despite giving 2 big handfuls to the neighbours, I am getting sick of them.  I also noticed, especially yesterday, when I defrosted the freezer and realised how many bags of carrots and beans there were from the garden, as we are mainly eating salads. Winter should sort that out hopefully.  
 
 
One of many oil paintings I did in the early days that sold.

 The past year I have been planning to go back to my art, and yesterday visited the local art centre for their casual day, meaning no classes. 8 painters were there and I liked the set up so will be joining them at two weeks, after I actually join officially. I have also decided to check out the journal, bookbinding  group Thursday as I shall be experimenting in small art books so can easily join in there as well for extra time to work. 

I have also organized  a few online classes, which I have looked at first and now collecting new paints and water colour brushes, so I can actually start the lessons. I usually paint in oils.
 
Abstract class in acrylics,  I will be doing which is very different.

This is a Watercolour class.
 
 It is all very exciting, and I am still getting things together to start.
 
 In the midst of all this I am also continuing to  photograph miniatures for my Etsy shop, yet to open.

 

I think I have finished all the furniture and now starting on the fiddly bits, which  at the moment isrocking horses.

I don't want to be photographing while stuff is hopefully selling at the same time, well not until I have most of it uploaded. Then it will be a case of packing and posting.......maybe.



I feel I have not done a lot this week, except  lots of research on the computer, that is quite tiring. 


Easter Daisy amongst the nut grass.



Till Next Time.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.