Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2022

Widgets

2022 Birthday Week.

 Well another Birthday  has gone by, and for me another New Year for this blog, which will make the next 12 months my 8th year. Not bad actually a lot of blogs fail before this. I have been wondering if I should keep going or not and in the end decided I might as well. So thank you for hanging in with me. 

The past week I have been spending it with our eldest daughter Kirsty, who lives in Sydney, we were at a local resort just up the road.

View of main area, with an outdoor screened area.
Looking the other way, to the kitchen

 It was cold and rainy, and we didn't go anywhere except once to pick up Toilet Rolls and Tissues as Sydney is running out of them.  We watched heaps of movies and documentaries, and I knitted some UFO's, slept in late, breakfast in bed,  and we had a ball.

View of the Putt Putt Golf Course from room
Outside the Entrance
Looking towards the car park.

The gardens here are very well laid out and with a Tropical theme which I suppose is easy to maintain. There were a few families but it was quiet all week. 

Of course we celebrated my birthday last Thursday, with Osso Bucco, followed by home grown Rhubarb and Apple crumble, with  John, my sister, and eldest son and wife. Unfortunately our son had caught the flu from a trip to Perth the week before, and was worried he might give it to us, although I don't think he was contagious anymore, so we sat him in the corner, which he was happy about otherwise he would have gone back home, with a takeaway which we had started to prepare. Problem solved and so good to see him. 

 

Between my sister and best friend who sent a parcel from Melbourne, there were so many little presents to open, but the 5 children and partners, all pitched in and gave me 2 tickets to see Mary Poppins live show in Sydney, sitting in one of the best positions and staying at a top notch hotel with a gourmet dinner as well. So early August we will be off for a luxurious couple of days.

Friday I went home and the sun came out, typical when your spend a rainy holiday, so I took a few more photos of the resort.

Enclosed area with seating from the little cafe and used for events like Trivia, & opposite the Pool
Giant Chess Board always popular
One of the loveliest Pool and spa area for resorts.

One of two large BBQ areas
Love what they did to this plant, Is very impressive.

Back home to all the mess and work is a bit of a let down, and I miss Kirsty already. Sadly, I don't spend much time with my girls both living so far away.

The sun is still out today although quite cold, so I will see what needs to be done in the garden, and glasshouse as have quite a few seeds coming on now, and then back into routine for the week.


From John , such  a lovely colour

 

Till Next Time.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.