Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2022

Widgets

I am Back & Finished Painting Walls

Welcome back,  I had to check whether a month was up or NOT as not doing a weekly blog, and being busy, the weeks went really fast. I have no idea if I was missed, sadly there are rare comments, but nevertheless will keep those who read up to date. 

One thing is the weather finally changed to lovely sunny days, not hot, but very pleasant to sit outside and especially working the garden which I will talk about some other time, but for today, I am pleased to say, I have finally finished off the last wall in the house, which was the kitchen.  

It was hard to find an old photo but this was taken quite a few years ago, with the pine walls.  

 So this wall is actually where you would usually see my flowers on the tea labeled cupboard

The above wall has a new clock, so much better than the red plastic one, and our usual metal notice board and calendar have just gone up. The door on the left is entry to the pantry and I don't like it so it is being taken out. We never close it anyway. The right is staying as is, has the old stain glass door fronts that were the original kitchen,  and entry to the laundry/ office and outside to our most used doorway on the side verandah. 

So in comparison to the top kitchen photo this is how it looks today. 

The painted cupboard which is what I put the flowers on I am deciding whether to put under the notice board, as it holds onions and potatoes in the  fruit box drawers. The cupboard below that, which usually goes under that area, I am going to part paint it, the green colour as  on the 2nd. drawer. John made this years ago when I was doing "country" and is very handy. A bit of a swap around just to be different, I may not like it though so we will see once I paint it.

There is still the stairway to go but no more climbing up the scaffolding, it really was getting hard on my knees. 

You may have noted a couple of glass bowls on the kitchen island, I planted them up this week and love them. The bits inside were from a fairy garden, plant store in USA that held classes to decorate pots and terrariums.

This is the large one,


 and the smaller one, I have no idea where to put them as yet.



I hope this finds you all well, 

 

Till Next Time .





 

3 comments:

  1. Hello Chris, I read your blog and enjoy it. I am a silent reader, don’t know much about computers and commenting but I want you to know I enjoy reading your blog posts. Love seeing your craft work and home renovations. Hope this comment reaches you. Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Judy that is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not have a blog of my own, just enjoy reading a few lovely blogs on my ipad. Chris your stories on home renovations, crafts and gardening are always interesting. Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.