Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2021

Widgets

A Cold, Cold Week

 Well have you all had fun with this blast of cold bordering on freezing this week. As of today the snow is falling in areas like Glen Innes to Guyra only 3 hours away and in Orange which hasn't seen any since 2015. Dorrigo, an hour away, was predicted to have some this weekend, but I have not heard anything. It certainly will be very, very cold there. 

The snow fields of course will be loving it so early in the year. I remember going to them for my birthday one year July 7th. and not a scrap of snow anywhere. 

King Parrots - Blue Mountains Garry P Hayes Photographer.

I happened to catch on Facebook Garry Hayes photos and loved them.  Here are some more of his photography this week in the Blue Mountains,


I remember visiting the snow areas and the above, was usually the beginning of the drive in. The excitement of seeing it for the first time in the season, and with us usually between many years.

Wouldn't this be a fabulous Blue Mountain Train ride.

 We of course have been lighting the fire, a little bit earlier now around 4. John has been cutting up old palings that the termites attacked at the Community Gardens so plenty of fire starters amongst this lot as they burn easily. 

 
The local hardwood supplier, where we got the wood for the garden beds, rang John Friday, to see if he wanted some off cuts of pallets. A truck load turned up the same day and dumped it at the Community Gardens. If they can't use it all I am sure we can. You can't be fussy where free wood comes from. 

I have taken on a love of yellow flowers since mum's funeral, so bright and cheerful.

 It is nice in the sun if the wind isn't blowing and I have been doing some weeding. I am always aware of filling the green bin every week, so usually try and put something in it. It is not often you work in a winter hat, gloves, scarf and a woolly jumper, but certainly nice to get out in the fresh air. Reminds me of our days in Henty where it would be 10 degrees C all day, and the beginning of me chopping wood and lighting fires. 

I have been embroidering a wool blanket which is great to keep warm over your knees, and doing some sock knitting for a change. Started several while traveling, so time to finish them off.

I hope you have all managed to keep warm. 


Till Next Time.



2 comments:

  1. Those pictures are beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been cold up here in Brisbane too. We've been rugging up in extra layers. Wool embroidery sounds lovely and warm too. MegXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.