Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2021

Widgets

Happy Helpers Moving Things Along.

We have been busy this week, John finished the side garden and then went and got a trailer load of cow manure and mushroom compost mix to fill in the spaces. This side soil is clay, and various mulches we have done over the years but still not a great soil. Now with the empty spaces though, I transferred 3 roses that were in pots, and the soil in them I tip out, as no nutrients left at all.

 

  That is my aim at the moment is to get rid of the pots, that are everywhere and transplanting what ever is in them. Or transferring something from a plastic pot to the very big terracotta pots I have, to give something more room like the yellow Frangipani my niece gave me, or at least make a plant look more like a feature. Not easy as these giant pots are really heavy.

3 Roses in front.

I am thinking of planting some Babys Breath here as well plus maybe some Marigolds along the edge.

The two girls also came over to help me on Saturday. Miss P and I painted the floor boards of the Gazebo and Miss V bless her heart carted soil from the driveway trailer to the bottom of the garden I had cleaned up on Friday. Moved a white Hydrangea from the front side garden and pruned back the blue one already there. John filled the rest of it in after they left.

One last wall to pressure clean.

Only one coat of the paint in the Gazebo. It didn't go far, with the boards absorbing it after they had been pressure cleaned. Still a big difference though, and I will do another one. I also finished off painting the top boards and the posts with their 2nd. coat.

Finally we got out the false grass pieces left from the front, to experiment whether it is worth doing to stop weeds growing. John pressure cleaned the rose garden path, which does a fantastic job of weeding as well as cleaning and we put it down as best we could with the pieces. 


It looks so shiny new, where as the front has faded and blended in a bit better, nevertheless IF it works and I don't have to constantly weed the path or spray, and then if all is good, I might look at getting it done professionally. 

There was a cheap piece we found also, like chalk and cheese but I put that down as well. 

Just an experiment.

Basically it looks awful, but it is only a test on the weeds. The rubber backing is not as good either. The only other solution is to have it concreted, or getting it all dug and broken up and replacing with proper grass then getting someone in to mow it etc. One of the problems of getting old and living on a steep block. 

Miss V desperately wanted to help with the painting so I let the girls finish off a table that is in the Gazebo.


They do love getting their "wages", and I love having them around. The twins turned 8 this week, and our youngest grandchildren, growing up fast. Grandma though is exhausted today.

Till Next Time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.