Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2021

Widgets

Rain, Rain and More Rain

 Every day this past week it has rained every day, about 7 inches or 175mls, overall. This has made it very difficult to get things done outside, everything is so wet, including washing. I don't have a dryer so it has been a little hard.

The grandchildren arrived yesterday but earlier this week John went and got the mattresses out of the van, and found it had leaked through the  solar panel onto the beds. Everything is mouldy and damp.

I managed to save one set of sheets and a doona but the rest decided to just throw out and start again. 

Unfortunately the mattress have to go, so looks like we have to buy some new ones. They are smaller in width than normal single mattress and hopefully Jayco will have them available or some mattress place where they make these things. Lucky our Daughter in Law was getting rid of some single bed mattress, they had five but the bigger girls are now into double beds.


I have not seen the van yet, but some of the wood has been damaged with mould. At the moment it is covered with a tarp and I think Tuesday is hot and sunny 27C degrees. That will be a bit tough to take after our cool rainy days, but John will go and check the van out then. 

 In the meantime The Sydney family have arrived so I have 3 kids to look after till Sat week. One of the things if the weather stays reasonable is to empty this Gazebo, with their help.Fingers crossed.

I have a few outings planned as well. While taking that photo though, thought I would show you the mess that the nut grass is causing with all this rain, out the back.

Paved pathway pass my new roses.

Path in front of the shed

Part of the back garden with Lime Tree.

 Going to have to resort to using roundup, as getting to be a major cleanup I am not fit enough for at the moment. Will test one area and see what happens.

Till Next Time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.