Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2020

Widgets

Tiling the Sink and Opened an Etsy Shop

 I am loving this cool weather as I can get out to the garden in the mornings and when we are having " just a bit of too hot in the sun for me", it means I am getting all this stuff done inside. 

This week I decided to tile the sink in my mini laundry. It has been years in the making and had the tiles which I bought at a recycler for 10c each, saving a lot of money. Just plain white but got enough to also do the downstairs toilet sink. 

My laundry looks like this. 

One sink and one washing machine in a corner behind the kitchen door. A bench joins onto this which, part I use probably the width of the machine, and rest is my office. The other side of the room is an L shape desk bench which is Johns. This whole room was originally supposed to be my laundry craft room and was changed, but that is a long story. 

So 6 years ago when the kitchen went in, the sink was pushed back to angle the wall in there. So on the bit in front was still some glue that I have sanded off and taken down the shelf which is handy for laundry soap and a hand towel.

I am deciding now whether to paint in white as well as under the cupboards, which run along the top above the bench.

These cupboards hold all the spare cleaning things, preserves, and everything else from a bandaid to icy pole gadgets, for the whole house, which I have written about before, all labeled, lol that's me and according to a clutter quiz I did, I am a Clutterbug  Bee. Take the test it is interesting and it is instant no signing up or anything.

What type of Clutter Bug are You?

 So  back to the tiling. I got John to cut them as he is more accurate and the cutting machine is electric and noisy, I knew he wouldn't lose any fingers. 

Before Grouting

It is not actually hard to do, but it has been at least 10 years since I tiled the downstairs toilet. My dad the builder, taught me how, as he did the major work of our tiling.

After Grouting.

The taps are now about 35 years old, so next time John is at Bunnings he will get another new set. Really it doesn't matter what colour so probably silver as long as I can turn the taps easily.

Basically this is my laundry at the moment.

Once the wall is painted white, probably like the front bedrooms, there are two shelves we can put up on the left hand side. They can hold the bits and pieces I need to wash and maybe some sunscreen.

One of the rooms painted white.

 

 

 I would like to set up a charging station as well on the bench or a small shelf on the walls above the drawers, as John is constantly using my washing machine as a bench top for his drills,tools, books, and such, as his desk space is overloaded all the time.


The shelf on the right has always been up and as I said before, is handy with a hook for a towel to hang. The second he found in the garage, as I thought two shelves would be better on the wall. The new one on top.

John made both of these years ago when country was my thing, still love it, even though I don't decorate that way now. 

 

I am pleased I have had the energy to do this so far as still on standby waiting for my blood count to go up, reading from last Wed. still low, this coming Wed having another one.  Feeling positive for 2021.

This week I opened up an Etsy shop called Scribbly Gum Fairies, to start selling Fairy Cards, and if I get around to  finishing them, miniature porcelain dolls as well, dressed as fairies. Something I used to do years ago. My other soft dolls are on a different Etsy store, which I opened up several months ago, and will add to this blog as well, this week. 


You may have seen at the top of the blog, and what is considered as a "page" and I hoped it would look like one, but never mind, it has access to another couple of paragraphs on what I have been making in fairy cards, and a  direct link via a 20%discount just for my readers till next Sunday. 

Even just looking will increase the algorithms needed to boost the site. The discount is automatic if a card is added to the Cart. 

I have several completely different styles in mind which I am still making, plus kits of silhouette fairies for children to make cards. Hoping all this will be successful but it is hard to stand out in a crowded Etsy Venue. 

It took me hours to work out how to do this so feeling computer clever, and I just finished a course on setting up a shop by an Australian Jess Van Den.  Photography is the hardest thing and working on that as well. Now on to working out Instagram and Pinterest, and watching another course on it. Social Media being a difficult thing to learn for me as other than this blog really I don't do much else, and getting in front of people necessary.

No-one has tested this shop yet so would love any comments good or bad.

Keep safe everyone.

 Till Next Time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.