Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2019

Widgets

Christmas Parties

Would you believe Christmas is only 10 days away. Are you all ready? I must say for me it has been certainly different this year. Not sure what is happening on the big day, haven't got any decorations up, and only know our eldest daughter is arriving on the 23rd.

My health has been a major problem and taking it quiet is all I am doing and letting what will be, happen. I have put myself back on Prednisone a steroid that drains your bones of calcium. I couldn't walk without great difficulty and the pain was just too much too handle. Had the bone density scan done, another blood test  and see my local Dr. Thursday. This will decide if the Methotrexate is doing its thing or if I need higher dosage etc. If all this works I will be free of having a cannula put into my hand every 5 weeks to have a 2 hr. infusion at our local hospital. What I have managed to do Saturday though, as the Prednisone had kicked in by then, was go with my sister to see mum and also a local handmade only market, combined with fruit and vegetables in Bellingen.

Plenty of space at the showgrounds.


There were some interesting items of course, and some shop owners told me they had only been doing it a short while. I am looking at it to see whether I will also take on " a market stall" again in the future.
This one is vetted so no commercial type market stalls get in., which I like.  It is held every 3 months, at the Bellingen Showgrounds.

Toilets at the showgrounds



We got there by 8 am so afterwards it was a bit early to go around to the Nursing Home so had coffee at the Old Butter Factory. Haven't been there for such a  long time. It was certainly a much needed day out. Thanks little sister.




We wandered the shops there and found this lovely Spring Lamb. Isn't it gorgeous?

$160.00

Meanwhile early in the week when I was not good, John went off to the Community Garden Pizza Night. I made up the flour and we worked out all the ingredients and they had a lovely Christmas break up party.

 

John with the new Fantastic Pizza Oven the Roccbox.

There were a few problems but all were learning how to make pizzas for future events to sell. These are about 11 inches big.

I also opted out of Carols by Candlelight, and our Choir master asked for John, as they were a bit short of singers. 18 turned up in the end, and John informs me the noise was huge, and the stage very, very hot.
This is a photo of the stage set up. Everyone brings along chairs and food and sit around it. Just a large grassed flat park, and groups of singers entertain everyone till 9 pm.


2019 is nearly at its end, and tomorrow the 16th Dec. is our wedding anniversary, and we will have been 47 years married.


Stay safe everyone,  Till Next Time.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.