Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2019

Widgets

Spring is here on Fathers Day

In Australia it is Fathers Day, the father of this household is out doing his thing at the Community Garden, while I am recovering from the Gallbladder Operation but also getting ready for my next talk this month on preserving etc.,so today started with dehydrating some bananas. I hope to hand these out for a taste test also. The dryer is 7 drawers and I fill them all.


There are also some apple and pears to work with. The pears are still a bit green, and will do them some time this week. I thought I would bottle these and do half bottles and half dried for the apples.


I have also got this whopper of a sweet potato to deal with as well.


Yesterday I planted 4 cucumbers, and some flowers along the edge. I am not supposed to dig, so John helped and turned it over and we added some new compost to it as well. I planted 5 cucumbers which is a lot but will let them intermingle all over and maybe train to climb the fence. Have no idea what type they are but  pinched rescued them from a Community Garden bed which had a ridiculous 32 planted in the same space I have lol.

Cucumber bed and flower edge.

 It is also potato time and this week I am expecting some Kipflers, which are a thin long one and great for potato salad, but also planting at the moment some Otway Reds, a new one for me. All of these go in huge pots.


The Pink Lady sweet peas have been going great guns, both in the front and back and starting to set seed on the flowers I missed picking. When they are finished the climbing beans will go in.

An Archway of flowers

Working in the back garden at the moment.

Been picking some beautiful tomatoes from this plant, will save seed of this one.

 The snow peas are on their way out also, we have picked so many this year been great coolish weather for them.

Snow Peas

More Snow peas and dying dill on the other side.

Generally the front I am just picking from, carrots, snow peas, lettuce, parsley, and will dig every bed over and plant lots of salad veg, tomatoes, lettuce, carrots, spinach, climbing beans also, zucchini, and of course some new driveway pumpkins. This means starting a whole lot of new seeds off. Due to the operation I feel a bit behind, but as the weather is now warming up won't take long.

Friday we also did the stall at Centro, and made $186.00, so pleased with that.


 Well that was my week. Happy Fathers Day.

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.