Pages

Monday, August 26, 2019

Widgets

Small Garden Lecture

Yesterday (Sunday) at 10.30am. I gave my 2nd talk on Small Garden Growing, and  this followed the Beginner one a couple of months ago. Thirty people turned up, which was a great compliment. I found it exhausting though as only 5 days out of hospital, not quite up to speed.


It is a hard thing to teach really, not knowing what sort of small gardens I was referring to. Still quite a few thanked me and remarked they enjoyed it.



As a door prize I made up a hanging basket full of succulents, and Eco products sent me some pots of seaweed powder, so used one, a seedling starter kit I had and Jan made a bag, which was joined by several hessian bags handed in that day. 7 lucky prizes in all, which is not bad.



I thought it would take a bit longer as it is advertised through the council as 2hrs. but I had finished after 1hr. The ladies bought out all the food and everyone enjoyed a lovely lunch, and by the time that was over 2 hrs had gone. I remarked on this to my sister as we left pretty early as I needed to lie down, and it was 12.30pm by the clock. So I suppose in actual fact the whole session was 2 hrs.
 
Lunch
 
Two members on the sales tables.

The next one is in September, and is already booked out. Plot to Pantry, so I had better start doing a few sample bottling, and dehydrating, in the next 3 weeks, and gathering all my equipment together. I wrote to Fowlers, and got a lovely book for a door prize and lots of pamphlets.

Just a quick one today, feeling exhausted.

Till next time.



2 comments:

  1. What a lovely event, it sounds like it all went incredibly well. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well, sounds like you're pushing yourself too hard. Great photo's, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good it all turned out & there were lots of people, hope you're feeling better for the next one

    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.