Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Widgets

Our Turn on the Market Stall

The last Friday of the month for the Centro Market Day was this past week and it was our turn to man it. There is a bit of a competition amongst the members of who made the most dollars. Our last go was a terrible $16 but this time we became the top scorers with $141.00


  We were in a different position which was great. Picked some dahlias, leeks, kale,rhubarb and of course the usual succulants and plants. I had to go back to the garden to pick up more succulents as our first tray sold out, eventually we sold 11 of them. A few young ones seem to be getting in to growing them which is nice to see.
Jan bought more books in also which do well, and some double sided bags she made.
 
Aren't they lovely Dahlias

She has also finished the quilt for our raffle, so looks like I had better get a going on the outdoor cushions I am making with the left over caravan fabric. We have to organise some printed raffle tickets and register it as well.
 I came to the decision this week, to also leave the Community Garden Committee completely and give up on being in charge of the bush house, and seed saving etc. so I sent in a resignation for this also, along with all the seeds collected and seeds which were donated.

I cannot give up on it entirely, having got the garden up from nothing to what it is today, and  will help with markets, working bees if any, but just need the time off for a while. There was a lovely full page write up in the Advocate this week, and 2 new members have joined. Eventually the group will find a way to work it all out without a co-ordinator,  it is just taking a bit of time. Couldn't resist either of taking home some succulants to propagate as well lol. At least my verandah won't be covered with seeds growing from one end to the other, succulants are so much easier to grow.


 My interest in turning up every week is not there, partly because I am so busy at home trying to do a major declutter, get the garden to a reasonable level, paint the verandah, and get my craft area sorted and start making cards to sell, plus today also decided on sewing the soft dolls that I love making.

 Going through everything, I was going to throw out all the bits and pieces that go with making cloth dolls, hair, felt, eyes but then looking at the patterns and thinking about all the quilting fabric I have decided to go with them as well. If they don't sell then eventually someone will donate them to the hospital or a charity at Christmas. I am giving up the peg dolls as they have had their time. It is not very often that I don't sell stuff I make, but it has been quite a few years and this time will do it online, a first for me. Also have put to one side with the kiln all the molds that I used for making miniature porcelain dolls, which are 3 - 6 inches high. They take a lot of time. Just have to work out how to sell the lot.

Add knitting, crocheting, embroidery, quilting and spinning and there is enough for me to do for the rest of my life. Maybe in another 10 years I will have a recap lol.

Anzac Day

As we have just had Anzac day I thought you would all like to see these simple poppies made at mum's nursing home, so simple with red felt and a black button, really caught our eye when we saw her this week. I am afraid she is slowly getting worse and lost a lot of weight, even after one week. Doesn't acknowledge us anymore either, maybe a smile but we could be anyone, and our visits are hardly more that a 1/2 hr. or less. She never stops walking either, from one locked gate to another, and of course has a fall every month.

Anzac Wreath for 2019
The weather has certainly heated up this week, after all our rain, still working the garden bit by bit, the green bin and the red rubbish one are both full to over flowing.

Hope you had a great week, till next time.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.