Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2019

Widgets

It's Autumn,it's Rainy, it's Weeding Time.

We have had rain everyday this week. I have ducked in and out trying to control the weeds that sprung up while we were away, it also rained then every other day. Between all these showers though it has been in the early 20C so with all the heat as well, things are growing fast especially the weeds, and in my case the dreaded nut grass.

This is what I face all the time, terrible to pull up.


It has been growing all over the place, so I have been trying to clear it all every day for at least two to three hours. We have filled our bin and borrowed the neighbours as well.

Before -  Back Garden

On the very back path next to the pond which I always struggle with, mainly because I never go down there, lots of farmers friends and my poor new avocado looks like it is dying, and I haven't a clue why, the other one, near the shed is ok

John attacked this area in the last two days so looking much cleaner now.
 
After  - Back Garden

 The new steps under the Lasiandra are deep in petals.


  The lemon and lime trees which grow right next to each other seem to have shot up so I pruned them back as well.

Before - Lemon Tree
After -  Lemon and Lime Trees

The hedges and area still to do, I am thinking of getting it all concreted instead of pavers, too much work with weeding and cleaning pavers, but still leaving the hedges and gardens.


Sorted out this bed and created a little path as hard to reach other side. Planted Chinese cabbage on the right hand side and the left will have Russian Garlic. Chia is growing on the fence my experiment for this year and a couple of tomatoes also.


This round bed has more cabbages and I need to cover with some netting.


The good news is though that the rain has also bought on lots of growth this is the cabbages out the front.


Perpetual Leeks


Surprisingly the corn has taken off also, thought they would die.


The flowers have also smartened up.

Chrysanthamums just blooming

Marigolds, look so bright
Japanese Windflowers
Dahlias have kicked off again. 

Today I planted carrots and snowpeas and picked some beans and tomatoes, tomorrow will put in some purple sprouting broccolli.

Hope you are coping with the weather, where ever you are.

Till next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.