Pages

Sunday, June 25, 2023

Widgets

Garden and a Chat

 Next Sat. the Chilli Festival is on again and they are expecting 10,000 visitors this time "yikes".  Not sure I will go as have a meeting for the caravan club at 11am.

Normal looking crowd from past years, same on other side of street.
 It is also the day our eldest daughter arrives for a week's holiday, which is my birthday week, and also will be the end of my 8th year at blogging. If you are a regular reader you will know that I have been tossing up whether to give up blogging altogether.

 My life has slowed down to a point that finding something to talk about, that I haven't already done, is getting harder.  Last week there were 11 readers, on average though it is 20 - 25 unless it's some disaster or a holiday, then it increases. The blog Out Back Tania has a link to this blog and quite a few visit, so thank you to those readers, for taking an interest.

 I have decided to finish up next week being the last week of my birthday year, but then only blog if it is worth it, for family and friends to catch up with what I do, maybe monthly or so.

I am still getting the garden in order, at the moment,  and seeing the light of day finally. I finished half the side garden, this morning, which was hard work for a couple of weeks.

Mulched and ready with newly planted seedlings of marigold, alyssum, and stock.

Bank garden weeded end near window will be a succulent garden, still to mulch.

Picking up from last week, John finished the little shed and it is going to hold firewood. Most of the wood we use, is outside and absorbs the moisture and of course the rain, so it will make a big difference.

While I was down that area,took a photo of the avocado tree. This is the first year I have had them but they take a week to get soft, I think they are at the full size now.

This is also the area with the roses, and needs work on that too.

 

I have sort of finished a new painting, not sure about it, trying a new abstract style in acrylics, which is fun but a lot to learn to get the knack of it. With so much to do trying to keep the house and garden together, it is hard to find the time, to do my craft or painting. We really need a smaller home and garden, or a flat block in my case, caravan traveling would be so much easier as well, but John doesn't see the problem, and downsizing will be a nightmare in his case.


Till Next Time.







 

4 comments:

  1. I don't tend to bookmark a lot of blogs, but Outback Tania is one I have on favourites as it has links to a lot of interesting blogs, so I am one of those people who hop over from there to have a read - thanks for thanking me! I am in England, but find it really fascinating to read blog posts from women 'on the far side of the world', seeing what is similar in our lives and which things are different. For example, you mention growing marigolds and alyssum in your garden, which are very familiar, but having an avocado tree in the garden sounds incredibly exotic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Tracy for commenting. I love England and have visited several times. I also wish I could grow a proper English cottage garden. I follow English allotment gardens as the seasons also I miss, having spent my childhood in a colder Victoria. The benefit of living in sub tropical climate is avocados, although they can be finicky.

      Delete
  2. I've been reading your blog for a few years now but I just recently subscribed to your newsletter. I hope you continue the blog, I find it very interesting to see how life is in other countries, I read blogs from people in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, USA.
    and I think it's amazing that you manage to keep such a big garden, and when you painted your whole house inside, I thought it was admirable.

    Eliane, from Brazil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eliane for your support. My goodness Brazil that was a surprise, and yes the garden is big which I am trying to condense, getting too old now.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.