Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2022

Widgets

3 Day Quilting Retreat

 This is the 2nd.time I have attended this Retreat with my sister, and apparently it has been going for 18 years. Other than the sewing I really enjoy being with her, who since mum died I don't see much of, as she works full time. 

As before last year, we were at Darlington Park Resort, about 9 ks past Woolgoolga. I got lost on the way  by taking the wrong turnoff, which was very frustrating and finally found it mid morning.  The ladies were all set up in the Conference Hall. The park was reasonably full with caravans, and the huts occupied, 2 of which we took. They are 8 berth. The weather was overcast and rainy now and then, but didn't worry any of us at all. 


  We are pre-organised with meals, everyone doing something. Friday night was a chicken crockpot and a 2nd of a beef, both with vegetables. Sausage sizzle was on for the Sat. Lunch with coleslaw.

I took a crock pot of Spaghetti for Sat. night along with a fellow quilter, who made  Minestrone Soup. Of course there was cheesecake my sister made, and I did a sour cream apple slice. There was a fruit pudding with cream and custard, and someone made an apple impossible pie which I didn't know was a thing so have been researching all the impossible pies you can make. Amazing!!!

Spaghetti and Minestrone Soup Crock Pots.

Plus lots of nibble things, cheeses and wine for those who wanted them.

Outside our room is a large eating area, which we used during the day. There is also a cafe off this if we wanted anything. Some even used the spa in the pool area. We set up a table for the 10 of us at night, and some played cards afterwards or changed to knitting as a break from sewing. 


The swap this year was pincushions, and I made a turtle.
 

Mine ended up being the vase in the top LHS


My sister made the owls.

There was a set pattern to do but I decided to do this Hunters Star Quilt, my sister joined all the Christmas fabric she had into 12 inch blocks, with strips.

Hunters star the quilt I am working on.

Three were doing a design where you cut the pattern of the fabric and match into circles. The board was used to sort out where they would go.


One member finished off a basic quilt which looks great.

 I also made two knitting  needle wraps one for circular needles and the other for sock needles.

Plus finished off my blackwork, by making it into a cushion although I will have to stuff it a bit more. This I will enter into the CWA competition next year.

 


 



 

 

    

 

 

Three days of sewing is exhausting and it has taken me all week to catch up with sleep and rest.

 Back home this week, we had lovely sunny days, which was nice to relax in, but this weekend has turned very chilly so have lit the fire, a little later than usual as Mothers Day to Fathers Day has been the normal thing. I have also set up my spinning wheel and is ready to go this winter.

 On the way out Sunday afternoon, after spending an hour packing up, these two were next to my car, not worried about anything ....so cute.


Till Next Time .

 

 

 

 







1 comment:

  1. Omg, that pillow is GORGEOUS! So pretty! The owl pin cushions are ridiculously cute too! What a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.