Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2020

Widgets

Down by the River Side

 The Sydney family have all gone home now so its back to normal life sort of at the moment. I say sort of as I am about to start a business course over the next month, for selling my dolls and cards. I have a new idea in the works so been working on that also. 

Last Wednesday was our day at the river. It was blowing a gale so not the nicest of days. Miss P the apprentice had lessons on BBQ-ing from her dad to add to her skills, although all the other girls and boys were learning as well. 





I might add there was enough food cooked up for the family of 7 to have another meal when they got home, probably the next day lol they would have been full.

Most of the morning all 12 of them spent kayaking. I was told today that the Sydney family were exhausted. I am not surprised everyday was, swimming in the pool sometimes twice, they also did during the week putt putt golf, archery, playing with the cousins, the kayaking, eating out, walking the headland whale watching. Like most holidays never stopped.

Meanwhile back in our home base, I have planted a new lot of tomatoes and lettuce, noticed that the strawberries are producing so put hay all around them and will find something to protect them also, from the birds and lizards who love them. Capsicum seedlings have started, as well as Cosmos, Marigold and Zinnia, Beetroot, Silverbeet.

If the days get a bit cooler will transplant all the baby perpetual leeks and freeze the big ones. I have been preparing a bed down the back for this one. Suddenly we are having a heat wave and it is enough to try and keep the seedlings going for the Community Garden Sunday Market. In the past two months they have sold nearly $600 worth of goods, with a few regulars starting to come back. Such a good sign. I might end up making some jams and relishes as well, so I use up some of my little jars.

I decided to propagate all my geraniums and also a couple from the gardens. This one is a pelagonium and love the flower they have lasted a week now in the vase. I pinched it from the Community garden, after I went and rescued the citrus grove and nectarine tree there.  Hope it takes.
 

Well that's all for this week will leave you with a photo of the Cleome or Spider flower and the Iceberg roses of which the front and back ones are magnificent.

Cleome

Iceberg Climbing Rose

Till Next Time 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.