Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Widgets

Jam Making and Seedlings

It has been raining all week, off and on. Sometimes quite heavy and other times just a light misting rain. It has been great for the garden, and the community garden tank has gone from 2000 to 6000 litres. Only problem with my garden is the nut grass has really taken off and seeding itself so it is a constant battle to deal with.
I had decided to pull up the pavers in the back and do a fancy concrete thing. That would eliminate a lot of work for me. Lawrence the Gardener though hasn't reported back so looks like I will have to chase him up.


This is what happens when you don't deal with it for a fortnight.


In the meantime, with our upcoming trip to Seymour Victoria for a Forum meetup I made jam today from frozen fruit off out trees before the peachcot was cut.

Mulberry

Mulberry in one lot and peachcot and apricot the other. Hope the members will like it. In the end there were 7 jars of Mulberry and 6 of  Peachcot/Apricot.


Next week is my first workshop with the Community Garden, from 10.20 - 12.30, Beginner Gardening. I haven't been back for a while, but behind the scenes doing a fair bit for them. As of today 26 have booked through the Council so most attending, will be complete strangers. The members are donating a light lunch with various plates being supplied and tea/coffee.
 I am co-ordinating it with John and started a few seedlings for selling and showing.  We are advertising a Plant Sale as well, another first, but as we sell a few at the Centro Market day every month, it will be interesting to see if anyone outside of the planned event turns up.
 

This week I will get a few notes together, and handouts, and we will set up everything early and also get plants out to sell, so still have a few signs to print off and laminate. I hope it all goes well, as there is 4 more in the year. It is all a bit of a mystery to those members, who aren't used to this sort of thing. About 30 - 40 mins at the end of what I talk about John will take everyone around the garden to show them different bed edgings etc and putting a garden together, so we will then rush about getting set up for the lunch, while it is clear. In my mind it will work fine lol.

Rosellas
Cabbage



Cabbage, Rosellas, Peas, dwarf beans, tatso and Pak choy, and sweet peas, I have started.













Looks like another busy week coming up. Till next time.

2 comments:

  1. eeek nut grass has to be the worse! have you tried boiling water? i have too much of it to try that method, i'll probably smother mine once i get back to it.
    your gardening workshop sounds wonderful, wishing you all the success with it!
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jam looks so yummy.
    Good luck with the workshop. I'm sure it'll be a very successful one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.