Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2023

Widgets

Baking Pasties & Christmas Declutter.

We had another family, and this time an evening picnic, down by the creek reserve, and hardly anyone in sight compared to a week or so ago. I decided to make pasties to use up some mince, using a recipe which is very rare thing for me,  and ended up making 28 of them. I had forgotten how good they are. Froze 20 of them and will take some for lunch this coming week on our medical visit in Brisbane.

Used my nifty turnover maker, of which there are 3 in the box. This one cuts 4 circles in a sheet of shortcrust pastry, an ideal size, and the 2nd. largest. Had them for years.

The pasties turned out really nice, and not bad for 500grms mince and a few veg.

Sprinkled with Poppy seeds and hold 1/4 cup of mix.

I also have finally collected all the Christmas Decorations from around the house and dragged out the other boxes not used. Mostly stuff that hangs on trees.  There is actually 5 boxes in all.

Decorations I actually used this year.

I went through everything, and threw out what we no longer needed, plus a couple more as when I refilled the boxes, they had to all fit and ended up with 3. Some of the Santa's and snowmen are kept in there original boxes of stryafoam to protect them and would probably have only been 2 boxes, if not for that, so was a big declutter.

Ones for the Op shop.

Packed and ready to be put away

As this stuff lives in my very large linen press/storage, fitted neatly in to the corner, for another year.


The garden is now being attacked every morning till 10 by me, but John is helping and lasts till lunchtime, but the humidity I find too much so I have been changing over to the Sewing Area at the bottom of the stairs and  which is 5 or more degrees cooler.

It is on a trolley so a sideway photo.

My eldest daughter suggested getting rid of a tv unit as had a big bench top, but not a lot of easy storage, so when the eldest son was here got him and our DIL to take it up to the top level for pickup hopefully by Lifeline.
 I have stacked cube storage up the wall, which gives me way more space, although, I now have to find the time to finally get this area in working order.
 
Bonus is, I have decluttered a lot in this area last year.

Needs proper organizing I have just shoved cubes in to see the effect.
 
There is a two cube wood unit to put together for the left side, when I get time. 
 
After not being in any routine,  now that everyone is back at work, it is nice to settle down to one. I feel more grounded knowing what each day brings. 


There are a few projects for 2023, that I need to start, like the sewing room, and organizing the vegetable gardens, to begin with.
 
I hope your year has started well also.
 
 
Till Next Time.





1 comment:

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.