Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2022

Widgets

Finished Decluttering The Craft Room.

I had a nice surprise of my DIL joining Miss P this week, in helping me get the craft room under control. 

I have been working on it for what seems forever a couple hours every week. Sorting and throwing out so much as well. It wasn't till a couple of weeks ago, mid sorting, that I thought I had better take some photos of before, so it doesn't look as messy usually, just normally cluttered. I was opening and closing drawers and cupboards, but you will see the before and after picture. It is so organized now really love it. This room is 8 x 10 feet and an old bedroom.

Before Paper storage

After moving some more in like my cardmaking and shifting other stuff around

Bank of cupboards which is Ikea Kallax system, checking all drawers the drawers insides.

I have also started labeling the drawers. Tickets on the front are to let me know if empty or suitable Inside
My desk is rarely clean although this is exceptional as using it to sort. I need to get in the habit of putting things away, but after going through all this for months, determined never to let it get out of hand again.

Before A Hot Mess

After and so relaxing to sit here.

Below is a Scrap Rack which holds everything little in co-ordinated colours. eg If I wanted something Pink it will be in several plastic pocketed pages. This was swapped around with the drawers, which were gathered from all over the house and now hold pens, pencils, tape and anything flat and small.

Ink Pads, Scrap Rack and Die Cutting machine,
This is up against the Paper Storage cupboard in a Kmart Cube Storage.

I mentioned labelling everything and I got on Flybys Rewards, a little Cricut Joy machine, just for doing that and also making cards. It is very small and I have had to learn a new program "Canva" as it operates by bluetooth only. Pleased to say I have conquered that and started printing on sticky vinyl. 

Only 20cm across.and 20cm depth with the lid down.

With all the decluttering I have been doing it is so nice to have one room finished. Next will be my sewing area at the bottom of the stairs. 

A big thanks to my Scrapbooking DIL for giving ideas after I was bogged down, and sorting many dies into a co-ordinated system. I just needed that last bit of motivation and alternate thinking, to conquer it all.


Till Next Time.

 

 


1 comment:

  1. Great idea to put the wooden box & plastic spinny thing on those metal racks on the desk. Here's hoping you have lots of hours of crafty fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.