Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2022

Widgets

Big Cleanup Underway Finally

Here it is Mothers Day nearly half of the year gone and I have really tried hard these last two weeks to get the jungle of a garden cleaned up. This week as Miss P came over yesterday, she finished off what I had done in the back rose garden,  and planted some foxgloves and marigolds.

 We also wrangled some netting and covered the cabbages that we planted ages ago and are growing quite big now. 

The gardens were so overgrown, it has taken a lot of energy for me to tidy them up. I still have some mulch to put on, but at least they are in reasonable condition now. The tree arborists are due to come as well so making this area cleaner enables them to know where they are treading, so I am trying to make it easier for them, to also cart the branches away.

The false grass was covered in strawberry runners, sad I had to get rid of them.


A bit of an early pruning to tidy these roses up.

Tree at the end of the rose garden. Not sure what it is though, will be flowery.

Working on this area now and cut the Poinsettia in front of the geraniums, back to stick it was huge over the maple.


The tree that will be cut

The hay bales are in and we have started to treat them, I rubbed in some blood and bone, and sprinkled chicken manure over it and watered in. John next day punched holes in so it would work its way in. Today I will give it a watering can of liquid fertilizer. The glass house is maintaining its heat at 30C.

A trip around the garden starting with these African Marigolds

Nodding Violets

Carrot Bed with Snow Peas

The Snow Peas producing already.

While Miss P was here, taught her how to make a lemon meringue pie, all new to her, so love doing this, and it was delicious. Half went home with her but I got the rest and it was Yummy, my favorite.


While writing this some flowers arrived from our youngest daughter. They are lovely and unusual with Anthuriums in them. 


Happy Mothers Day everyone.


Till Next Time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.