Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2021

Widgets

Finishing Embroidery UFO's

 It has been a strange week for me, as I have been experiencing anxiety attacks which upset my heart rhythms that aren't the best at normal times. Quite scary when they happen but have booked the Dr. but now have to wait 10 more days to get in.

 So not a lot has been done and yesterday Miss P came over and we spent a rainy day sorting some more of my downstairs craft area. So much has been thrown out, but we are getting there. She even painted the toilet wall as John has to replace the top tank part, not bad for a 12 year old. DIY of course is in the family for generations. 

This year I have been finishing off some Embroidery, quite a different collection to my normal hardanger pieces.

Shadow Work

This little bag has some shadow work on it, a kit from our group leader, who taught me Brazilian embroidery years ago. We are a small group of 4, but get a lot done each week. 

The above piece I started early 2000's, I made one for a girlfriend I worked with, then started the 2nd. just had to put it together. 

I like making these books, they look much better in real life, photo does not do them justice. Style known as crazy patchwork, and I used lined books this time, instead of blank pages. 

Wool Embroidery

Finished this lap blanket that I once taught as a class but only had the corner done. Yesterday bought some lemon fabric to line the back and bind off the front. 

Final piece is a another hardanger. A long cloth for my sideboard.



I have a quilting retreat coming up in May and trying to make a needle case  at the moment for it, as we all take one for a swap. Started a new embroidery as well for our group meetings, which is slowly coming along.  Hope everyone had a good week. 

Happy Birthday Kirsty for the 15th. 


Till next Time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.