Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2020

Widgets

Pantry & Spice Drawers are Done

 Finally finished the Pantry and I am pleased to see the sorting over. With all the bits and pieces on my kitchen benches it has been rather a mess. Will try and sell my Peace of Plenty jars, they are rather heavy for my wrists now, as I have 3 sets of them, but otherwise off to the op shop. 

u

 So here it is all finished. 






The cupboards hold electric items and I keep the toaster, coffee machine and dry fryer on top plugged in. The drawers have cake tins in one of them and 2 are empty at the moment, the top one is current coffee pods. It may look a lot of food but I only shop 3 monthly and have it delivered.

 I did have UHT cartons of milk, pineapple, coconut, rice milk etc and put them into an empty drawer in the kitchen opposite the fridge. I will use these for smoothies in the warmer weather. They were also heavy to lift down from the shelves. Things may get shifted as we start to work all of this, but it is  OVER. Now onto the kitchen itself to try and clear all the benches.

In the meantime some small spice tins I ordered arrived so changed that over as well. They hold the same amount of stuff but take up less room than the bottles you buy. 

Before

And After

These tins have little holes on the side and a larger one for a lot, so you just turn the lid to shake or pour.

The drawer underneath this also had a mass of herbs, mostly John buying bulk for his pickling, hot sauces and smoker, so sorted that out as well. 

Before

After

These jars are from Ikea, I bought a couple of years ago. They hold the larger jars you buy for herbs. John has also been banned from buying bulk stuff, as most of the time it just sits there. 

Bluebells that flowered this week

  I have had my 2nd. needle last Wednesday and feel a little better this week and managed to vacuum and wash the floor, it has been several months at least, although didn't ignore it completely, I just swept. I was very tired afterwards, it took 2 hours at least to do both top and bottom lugging the vacuum around then after lunch washed the floor and did out the bathrooms and toilets..

 My new garden roses are doing so well and the yellow ones came out. The weather turned hot this week so suddenly everything is growing. 


Sent rhubarb, sweet peas, limes and seedlings off to the market for today. It is overcast and showering so I don't know if they will sell much this week. Over $300 was made last month and 4 new members who all bought plots so that was a good start. 

It is Father's Day today so hope all who are connected to my readers have a great day. 

 

Till Next Time. 

 


 


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pantry! Got a link to the sale of your Peace of Plenty jars?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just finished washing them, there are 10. Email me your requirements, some need new rubber rings. $10 for pints, $15 1 quart,$20 1 1/2 quarts,and $25 for 2 quart but only 2. Will do a deal for all. They are heavy so postage unknown. Can send photos.

      Delete
  2. The yellow roses look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.