Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Widgets

Autumn Time to Plant and Prune.

Well it has finally stopped raining for now, although it is predicted again around Easter. It has given me an opportunity to attack the back garden. I go out about 8am and work till morning tea time. I also haven't found it easy, my right knee and elbow are painful and my actual strength low, but it is building up thankfully. I said to my sister I am starting to feel like an old lady, but certainly intend to change that. The front garden is ok. Carrots, peas,cucumber, pumpkins plus a few other bits and pieces all looking good.

Pumpkin Vine

Dwarf Beans

Rouge De Marmande Tomatoes with wild lettuce seedlings.

Snow Peas will add more to right of them.

Wild Lettuce

Carrots ready for picking.

Long Green Cucumber

 It is so much easier to walk out and attend to the front, even if it is only 10 mins. The back though has 8 steps down plus stepping off the verandah, and just seems too far away.
 I asked John also, to cut the plum tree out and has started on that. I no longer want to preserve in large quantities and half the tree died.

The Mulberry in the distance is next for a pruning, I started on the tree RHS it has mini white flowers, like magnolias.

 I have pruned the hedges also this week, and it looks so much cleaner.

 

  Yesterday I pruned the lemon and lime trees. They grow so fast and are next to each other.

Still look too big but that is it for now, full of fruit.
 
Einstein has been helping.

This is a lot of tree, even the neighbour next door who looks down commented.

The limes are huge. I also lost the Lemonade Lemon, during the drought, and way down the back, but have in the freezer bags full of frozen lemon juice, which one day will have to do something with it.

These are lemons, but strange looking don't know why. They were hidden under the leaves. Normal ones are up higher.

These are the limes at the moment.

It took 8 loads of waste that I had to carry up those steps to the front. Our wheely bin is full of plum tree.

These are waiting on the front step to see whose bin we can snazzle

These got as far as the side verandah

 The roses are getting a bit straggly and I am wondering just how early I can cut them back, to prune in June just seems to far away. This lot are around the tree area, in pots.



Very straggly


This Buddleia is next in line, I may have to move it but need to investigate that.

I haven't left the house since we got back from Sydney, Feb 24th., except for sewing class and choir twice each, plus our outdoor gig last Friday night 13th, for choir. My last outing.
John has been out just about every day, with one thing or another. We are fine with food, always been a bit of a prepper, and luckily had a big Coles delivery just after we got back. Have plenty of stuff to do, but now I feel it is time to actually look at staying home. John is going to organise the community garden to cut down to 4 people only 3 times a week, just to keep it going. He will do a Sunday.

Both of us a have compromised immune systems. This virus has played havoc on all of us but maybe the earth needs to change and people need to change. Have you noticed Venice Canals now have fish and dolphins in them. Swans float up and down. China's air is cleaning up. Is this nature's way of saying enough is enough. Not a lot of us can do much, but stay calm, and help your fellow mankind as best you can. Stay connected by phone, Skype, emails, and the internet. Those in Power are doing the best they can.


Till Next Time. Stay Safe.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.