Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2020

Widgets

Community Garden New Grant.

 It hasn't been the best of weeks for me, as after getting over my painful lower back from mulching the garden last week, I decided to weed the new rose garden along the back fence. It has been very hot so at 5pm last Wednesday, out I went it was lovely and cool, and sat on a milk crate to help my knees. Unfortunately my back didn't like it, although I did finish the weeding, and spent the next 3 days with hot water bottles and rubbing in a special cream to ease it. So now I am not game to try anything major. Consequently not much has been done this week. To top it off my heart Dr. rang as a result of the holter monitor,I had on last week, and now says I have Long QT syndrome which is an extended gap in the beats and not good, and Rheumatoid  Dr. wants yet another blood test the 6th in a row, as although the Neutrophils are creeping up, he feels it should be over and done with by now.

I agree with him on that score.!! It feels like I am always writing about it too, so I am sure you are all getting sick of it as I am. He has added B12 and iron tests to the mix this time.

 

 Good news is John has his bandages off and stitches out, so now just waiting on the bruising  to completely come through, but at least he is now driving. 

He also received notification that he won a $15,000 grant for the Community Garden to purchase the bucket for the tractor, a vacuuming system so clean up the cut grass etc, and a little trailer, and to build 3 more compost bins. This means the compost can be turned easily and carting soil or bricks or whatever can now be done without to much hassle. He now has to organize others though to drive the thing. It will be a surprise announcement at the meeting Tuesday.

One of the advantages of keeping a blog is I looked up this time last year and we were  out and about doing a lot of public singing for the choir, plus their Christmas Party,visiting mum of course, the fires in this area were easing off. It was also the beginning of my arthritis woes. Such a different year for 2020.

I did manage to make some Madagascar bean rissoles, I added grated beetroot,carrot,celery,fresh beans,silverbeet from the garden, to the cooked Madagascar ones. All done with my food processor, so not too hard. I froze half of them raw as above, to see how they go to cook up again. Such a cheap meal for me. The beetroot made them an interesting red colour this time. 

I have had an interesting collection of flowers this week that I picked for the Community Garden when I took John in, and didn't sell. One advantage of having to drive John in and out last Sunday. 

Till next time. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.