Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Widgets

A Wet Week

Another week gone by, and I am pleased to say we got heaps of rain. Filled the 10,000 litre tank at the Community Gardens, which I am thrilled about. Meant we couldn't get out to our wet yard though.


The seed packets, the members were doing are coming in, plus I did a few more smaller ones and are ready for selling , and looking like a good start.


 John decided to make some birdhouses while it was raining with some old fence palings. These will hopefully sell at the Harmony Day next week. We also were offered another combined Market stall at the end of March,  which if anything is left over, can try again.


Meanwhile at home although too wet to do the garden, which is such a shame as I was hoping to get planting. I did manage to dig up some nut grass and sift a bit for the wooden bed finished, and noticed today more nut grass coming up so will do it again. Gives me a good start even though I know I will never get rid of it.

Bird Feeder in the making.

The protea is still blooming away, it is getting a bit high now so another tree to prune once the rain settles down. I love the shape of them and they last a long time in the vase.

King Protea.


Now that the children have left it is off to do a big tidy and clean. No washing, it is still raining, one of those dull days to curl up with a project.  How was your week?



Till next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.