Pages

Friday, September 2, 2016

Widgets

Apples, Strawberries, Lemons and Beans

It has been a busy week once more, I have had to attend my dentist again who has been fitting another tooth implant on the RHS this time. She found  it difficult first go of getting everything right and I was there 1 1/2 hrs. trying to lie still.  Now I have a full set of teeth which has turned out quite expensive. I just love to hear her say" Come back in 6 months time for a clean". Finally a break!


Aldis had a special on strawberries at 99c a punnet, so I decided to dehydrate them. They are very big, and I sliced them long wise into 3 or 4 and threw them into a bowl of lemon water, to keep them red in colour.



It always amazes me how much they shrink, so that the quantity doesn't look like a lot.

5 punnets of Strawberries.

The snow peas are going to seed, and soon I will be stripping all that down, in the meantime the broad beans are flowering. This is the first time of growing them for me,and it has been interesting watching each stage, they are so tall now. The flowers are a lovely white with a black spot.

Broad Beans

I picked all the lemons and today, and  have juiced them.

Lemonade lemons

 Some of it I put put into iceblocks, for thawing in small quantities for fish or salad, and the rest in small freezer zip lock bags enough to make a bottle of lemon cordial in summer. I find that delicious when it is a hot day, with cold water, ice, and mint. That reminds me I should get some iceblocks happening as well.

What is really amazing is the apple tree, as the tiny apples are now ripening, but at the same time it is full of spring blossom.

Tiny but delicious

 Never has that happened before. I have still got some of the apples covered, and they are delicious to eat.

Hard to see the  blossom

Been making apple crumble with them as not much else to do.

Apple Blossom

So that's all for this week, take care. Till next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.