Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Widgets

Bellingen Markets


I love this market, we actually had a stand for a couple of years, up at 4 am, arriving at 6.30 am with a truck load of homemade birdhouses, quilt stands, chopping boards, art work, and miniatures from my old shop. It was fun while it lasted but got harder towards the end having to go every month. I do not know how marketeers last every week.


Bellingen Market

Anyway that day was the anniversary of dad's passing, and we,( my sister, John and I) wanted to take our mother. On arriving to pick mum up we found her  in bed feeling very poorly, three days ago she had a nasty fall, hit her head on the side table, on the side of her eye, her shoulder and scraped her forearm. We had seen her the day before and was ok, so we got a bit of a shock. After our visit to her,  we still went to the market and then returned in the afternoon before going home.


We arrived just on morning tea time,and straight away bought coffee and a delicious Greek cake, which we ate under a tree.

Really yummy stuff at this stand.
 It was a really hot day, so in a way mum wouldn't have lasted very long, the humidity was way up.
I bought some star fish and shells for my beach theme. Bananas for dehydrating and avocados. 10 bulbs of garlic, grown locally. Some of which I will plant. Some spinach seedlings, and an avocado tree.





Both of us wore a hat dad always did, mine was dad's and with Jan's dad helped  her when she bought it.




 Crowd getting bigger, this part is under the trees and very cool.


 Homespun wool. This lovely aqua and shades of grey was Alpaca and very soft. 

Very tired and on our way home.

On our way back we passed an old shed, in a cow paddock. John loves his photography so I have included them, to show the countryside.



Old Dairy

Note the Bird

Resting on the Window Sill

Sleeping in the shade.
Hope you enjoyed our little outing. Till next time.

1 comment:

  1. Love the hats. I haven't been to this market in years. Would love to go again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.